- Aimed at riders from around 1m (3ft2) to 1.20m (4ft).
- Featuring a completely new concept in trials frames, the long-standing 205 is back and better than ever!
- The latest Kaizen frame design from Monty was developed with their world class team, and is stiffer and stronger than ever whilst also being super light.
- This latest model combines the existing knowledge Monty have from making the best kids trials bikes on the market with new technology and unique looks to create the perfect bike for young trials stars of the future.
- Designed for riders from around 1m (3ft2) to 1.20m (4ft), therefore approximately 4 to 7 years of age.
- 18" front wheel and 16" rear wheel reduces weight and when combined with the custom made 127mm cranks this makes the bike more manageable for even the smallest of riders.
- Powerful Monty v-brakes front and rear offer great stopping power and easy maintenance.
- Soft compound tyres improve grip.
- Relatively short stem keeps the bike to a manageable length.
- 16 tooth front freewheel and 12 tooth rear sprocket offers a gear ratio that is ideal for smaller riders with less power, while using the same style of setup that the 'big boys' use.
- Considerably lighter than other bikes aimed at the same age of rider.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Monty 205 Kamel, alloy, V-brake mounts
- Forks: Monty 205 Kamel, steel, V-brake mounts (70mm dropout spacing)
- Front Hub: Monty, standard bearing (70mm spacing)
- Rear Hub: Monty, standard bearing
- Front Rim: Monty 205 Front 18", 28h, single wall
- Rear Rim: Monty 205 Rear 16", 28h, single wall
- Front Tyre: Kenda 18 x 1.75"
- Rear Tyre: Innova 16 x 2.4"
- Front Brake: Monty V-Brake
- Rear Brake: Monty V-Brake
- Cranks: Monty 205 square taper, 127mm length, 1.37" x 24tpi thread
- Freewheel: Monty 205, 16 tooth, 108 engagement points
- Chain: KMC Z Chain, 1/8"
- Rear Sprocket: Monty screw on, 1.37", 12 tooth
- Pedals: Caged, smaller size suited to younger riders
- Bottom Bracket: Monty Square Taper, sealed bearing
- Bashplate: Monty
- Handlebar: Monty 205 riser, 25.4mm clamp, 560mm wide
- Stem: Monty forged, 25.4mm clamp, 105mm x 24°
- Headset: Monty, standard bearing
- Grips: Monty foam, 110mm length
- Wheelbase: 745mm
- Chainstay length: 290mm
- BB Rise: +40mm
- Head angle: 70.5°
- Reach (from centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube): 450mm
- Bottom bracket height (centre of BB axle from the floor): 250mm
- Centre of end of handlebars to floor: 780mm
- Centre of bottom bracket axle to centre of handlebar / stem clamp: 580mm
- 7.78kg including pedals.
This bike is supplied with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. The warranty does not cover mistreatment or poor maintenance. Please ensure all the details on the warranty sheet supplied with the bike are adhered to. Certain circumstances (such as stripped threads or rounded crank arm tapers) only occur due to a lack of correct maintenance and all manufacturers are aware of these situations, so any claims due to incorrect maintenance procedures are much less likely to be successful.
We build this bike to a 100% complete state in our workshop before dispatch to ensure all items are manufactured correctly and nothing is missing, but we do have to remove some parts to ensure there is no damage during transit. You will need some basic tools (usually 4mm, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm allen keys and a 15mm spanner) for final assembly upon arrival. We have a video guide here to help, but please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.