- To match their new tapered head tube frames such as the Echo Lite SL Mk4
, Echo have used their vast experience to rebuild the Urban forks from the ground up!
- These forks use the tapered steerer tube system, meaning they're a conventional 1 1/8" size at the top of the fork, but taper outward at the crown to 1.5".
- Super thick 1-piece steerer tube goes from 11mm at its thickest point to 4mm at the top of the steerer tube, making them extremely durable but without increasing weight excessively.
- 6061-T6 aluminium alloy construction.
- Thanks to their larger crown area, the Tapered Urban forks have much greater weld contact area with the legs, making this crucial join stronger than ever.
- The legs are now parallel to each another, unlike previous models that featured the characteristic wide appearance.
- Built-in crown race is suitable for use with the Echo Integrated Tapered Headset
. May also fit other manufacturer's lower bearings too, please ask if unsure!
- International Standard disc mount is extra thick to help it cope with the increased braking forces found in trials riding.
- New for the latest generation of Urban forks are Echo's forged dropouts. These look great and give an improved strength-to-weight ratio.
- Specially lengthened M6 4-bolt mounts (spaced at 93mm) help dissipate the stresses placed through the fork legs.
- 10mm dropouts designed to accept 10mm Echo axles, though will also work perfectly with regular 9mm and Quick Release axles.
- A large cut-out in the crown helps save weight.
- Laser-etched Echo graphics on the steerer tube line up perfectly with the head tube cut out on their latest frames - a nice touch!
- Available in anodised black only.
- Supplied with a star nut pre-fitted.
- Available in Black with either 4-bolt and disc brake mounts, or disc only.
- Weight - Disc Only: 682g 4-Bolt and Disc: 721g
- Axle to Crown length: 380mm
- Axle Offset: 40mm
- Steerer tube length: 170mm