- Great value, high performance disc brake.
- Sitting above the MT2 in their range, the Magura MT4 brake is a great value, super powerful brake.
Upgrades over the MT2 brakes
- Magura's "Carbotecture" material is again used to construct the brake lever.
- Ergonomic lever design feels comfortable to use, and gives a good amount of power.
- Alloy lever blade offers improved power and rigidity over the Carbotecture blade on the MT2.
- Split bar clamp allows easy fitting and removal, without having to take off your grips!
- Utilises Magura's tried and tested sealing system, designed to work flawlessly with mineral oil.
- Bleeding is quick and easy thanks to simple bleed plug.
- Specially selected hydraulic piston ratios give good mechanical advantage and enhanced braking power.
- Large, two-piston design gives ample power.
- Post mount fitting is ideal for many of the new frames on the market.
- Only available in Black.
- Brakes are supplied with 220cm hose, so can be used for front or rear, and come with all the necessary fittings to shorten the hose to your desired length (for assistance, you can refer to the manual supplied with the brake, or Magura's website).
- Brakes supplied pre-bled with bolts and hose fittings, without rotor or adaptor.. If you require an IS adaptor, please see the additional information tab.
- Sold individually.
- Weight: 241g
- Alloy lever blade.
- Upgraded hose.
- Upgraded brake fittings.
- Improved caliper body.
We have made a disc brake guidance and information sheet which will be very useful if you are not experienced with disc brakes (or even if you are!). We strongly recommend having a look over it before fitting your new brake. This can be downloaded here.
To correctly fit the lever to the handlebar, the bolt with the arrows pointing towards it must be gently tightened first until the gap is closed, then the other bolt should be nipped down. Do NOT tighten this bolt right down, normally there will be a gap of around 2-3mm when the lever is tight on the bars. Over-tightening the bolts or not following this procedure is likely to crack the lever clamp and this is not covered under warranty.