- Replacement star fangled nut for use inside fork steerer tubes to allow pre-load of headset bearings.
- Standard M6 x 1.0 thread.
- Available in various sizes: Extra Large (26mm diameter), Large (23.5mm diameter), Medium (21.0mm diameter) and Small (18.0mm diameter).
- To check which size you need, measure the internal diameter of your steerer and choose a star nut that's 1-3mm larger than that size.
- Extra Large generally fit 1 1/8" steel steerers, Large 1 1/8" standard alloy steerers, Medium are for use in Echo 1 1/8" alloy steerers and Small ideal for Inspired Fourplay or Team/Trialtech Sport forks..
- Sold singly.
Please note that star nuts are designed to be a tight fit so they don't pull back out when you tighten your headset. We strongly recommend using a star nut setting tool for fitting, or alternatively you can screw a bolt into the thread and then carefully tap the bolt to install. Damage to the star nut during fitting is not covered under warranty
as these do not 'just fall apart'! Similarly, the warranty does not cover instances where the headset top cap bolt has been overtightened.
If you are buying forks and a star nut and would like us to fit it for you, add a Star Nut Fitting
workshop item to your basket.