- Replacement star fangled nut for use inside fork steerer tubes to allow pre-load of headset bearings.
- Standard M6 x 1.0 thread.
- Available in various sizes: Dimension listed is the outer diameter of the star nut itself, before fitment.
- To check which size you need, measure the internal diameter of your steerer and choose a star nut that's between 1mm and 3mm larger than that size.
- 29mm generally fit 1 1/8" steel steerers, 26mm 1 1/8" standard alloy steerers, 21mm / 22.7mm are for use in Echo 1 1/8" alloy steerers and 18mm ideal for Inspired Fourplay or Team/Trialtech Sport forks - but please always measure the internal diameter of your fork to be sure!
- Sold singly.
Please note that star nuts are designed to be a tight fit so they don't pull back out when you tighten your headset. We strongly recommend using a star nut setting tool for fitting, or alternatively you can screw a bolt into the thread and then carefully tap the bolt to install. Damage to the star nut during fitting is not covered under warranty
as these do not 'just fall apart'! Similarly, the warranty does not cover instances where the headset top cap bolt has been over-tightened.
If you are buying forks and a star nut and would like us to fit it for you, add a Star Nut Fitting
workshop item to your basket.