- Pedal thread helicoiling service, to repair damaged pedal threads on your crank arm.
- Available for all models of aluminium crank (and most carbon ones such as SRAM) arm providing it doesn't use a steel insert as standard (such as some Truvativ cranks).
- Only available for 9/16" x 20tpi pedal threads (not steel cranks or 1/2" threads).
- Please note that due to the nature of this service, it may not be possible to repair and replace the thread perfectly square with the crank arm. We do drill out the existing thread as a guide though, so it is usually within one degree and almost imperceptible.
How to buy this product:
1) Add it to your cart and check out as normal online, noting the current workshop lead time. Your workshop slot is booked at the time of making payment, so if you can get your crank and pedal to us before your workshop slot comes up, that would be perfect. The delivery cost paid is to get your repaired crank (and pedal) back to you, on a recorded delivery service.
2) Send us your damaged crank arm and pedal (address here: Contact Us page
) with a note detailing the order number (provided in your order confirmation email).
3) Sit back and wait a few days for your newly-fixed crank arm to come through the post! Once fitted to your bike again, it is important to keep your pedal tightened into the crank arm frequently - we recommend every 10 minutes or so for at least the first few rides - to prevent further damage.