- A new entry level freewheel from Comas, boasting great value for money!
- Two sets of ball bearings keep the freewheel running smooth, and help to eliminate flex which can cause skipping.
- The freewheel can be removed with a Shimano-style 20 spline bottom bracket tool. This allows it to be slimmer, meaning more clearance over your BB shell, and thus a shorter, stronger bottom bracket axle can be used.
- The lockring is on the back of this freewheel, meaning it fits up against your crank / hub when in use, meaning it can't work itself loose.
- Full hardened cromoly construction for maximum durability.
- 1.37" x 24tpi thread fits almost all hubs and cranks.
- 30 engagement points are delivered by 6 pawls, ensuring durable, consistent engagement.
- 18T outer casing.
- Weight: 202g
This freewheel must be bedded in before trials use, to ensure any excess grease used when assembling the freewheel works away from the mechanism. You can do this by riding the freewheel around 'normally' for a few hours, both freewheeling and engaging the mechanism gently. If the freewheel is subjected to trials use without having been bedded in, the pawls will not engage correctly and this causes the freewheel to skip, damaging the pawls and ratchet. If you wish to speed up this process, you can thin the grease down with light oil like GT85 or WD40, by spraying it between the centre and outer teeth of the freewheel and rotating it. Failure to bed the freewheel in correctly will void the warranty.