Please note - no longer supplied with BAT adjuster! Product images for illustration purposes only
- One of the most powerful disc brakes around!
- Now supplied with improved HC1 blade!
- Top of the range disc brake from Magura, as used by Danny MacAskill
- Extreme braking power delivered by four pistons through four individual brake pads, letting you lock the wheel down instantly when needed, but you still get great modulation when desired.
- Independent reach adjustment allows you to attain your perfect lever feel, however you prefer it.
- Two-finger lever blade design gives plenty of leverage and massive power.
- Now also available with upgraded HC1 lever blade! The HC1 blade offers improved strength and stiffness, and also has a smoothed off rear.
- Lever has a flip-flop design and can be used with either hand. BAT bite point adjustment dial (available separately) can be fitted on both sides of the lever so that it is always on top.
- Lever body constructed from Carbotecture
, offering a great strength-to-weight ratio.
- Forged aluminium caliper means there is only material where it is needed, resulting in an impressively light brake considering its power.
- Post Mount caliper style makes setting up the brake easy, and is compatible with both Magura
Post Mount caliper to IS mount frame/fork adaptors.
- Kevlar reinforced hose (220cm length) attaches to caliper with a banjo bolt, making it easy to tuck the hose as out-the-way as possible on the bike.
- Please note if you are bleeding the brake you must not use a barbed fitting in the lever - the syringe is to be pushed directly into the open hole on the lever body. Supplied complete with olive and instructions on how to cut the hose down to your desired length, alternatively we can do this for you here
. Please note:
if purchasing a brake with a shorter than standard hose length, you will not receive an additional olive and insert as these are used to cut the brake down before dispatch.
- Sold as a single brake including mounting hardware and brake pads.
- Weight: 277g (plus rotor at 142g)
We have made a disc brake guidance and information sheet which will be very useful if you are not experienced with disc brakes (or even if you are!). We strongly recommend having a look over it before fitting your new brake. This can be downloaded here.
To correctly fit the lever to the handlebar, the bolt with the arrows pointing towards it must be gently tightened first until the gap is closed, then the other bolt should be nipped down. Do NOT tighten this bolt right down, normally there will be a gap of around 2-3mm when the lever is tight on the bars. Over-tightening the bolts or not following this procedure is likely to crack the lever clamp and this is not covered under warranty.
Please note that over-tightening of the reach adjust screw in the front of the lever blade (towards the + position) can cause a feature on the lever blade cam to be damaged / broken off. This does not happen during normal use and is therefore not covered by warranty. Any brake with this 'fault' will still function normally.