New from Hope Technology, the long awaited Tech 4 V4 - Perfect for use with e-bikes!
- The most powerful 4 piston brake by Hope!
- Lighter lever action using pivot roller bearings and improved internal sealing!
- New hybrid pistons with stainless steel body and phenolic inner core for smoother operation!
- The new Hope Tech 4 lever has been completely redesigned for 2022 taking lessons learned from previous Tech 3 and feedback from the world's best riders to make the most powerful 4 piston brake in the Hope line up.
- Ideal for e-bike use as the most powerful 4 piston brake Hope make!
- 4-piston design with larger diameter leading pistons makes it ideal for enduro, all mountain or downhill riding.
- An improvement in power comes from a 30% pressure increase due to an increased hydraulic to mechanical ratio within the brake system. This results in a more linear relationship between brake pressure and lever force, giving more control with more useable power throughout the full range of bite and reach point adjustment.
- The new Tech 4 lever uses all new internal sealing for reduced friction along with a new roller bearing pivot design, giving a noticeable lighter feel and smoother lever pull.
- A new hinged clamp on the Tech 4 lever makes installation even easier with fewer parts equalling less weight!
- An increase in reservoir area helps lower the stack height for a more integrated, sleeker look on the handlebar.
- Caliper and lever body are both CNC machined from a solid billet of 2014 T6 aircraft spec aluminium.
- Independent Bite Point Control and Reach dials allow you to fully customise the feel and performance of the brake.
- A new 'flatter' design of lever blade gives greater feel throughout the lever travel, making it easier to modulate power anywhere in the lever stroke. A noticeably smaller resiting point for your index finger helps tuck your braking finger into the end of the lever and keep it there for maximum leverage and control.
-Multiple holes drilled into the lever blade help to improve grip on the lever in wet and muddy conditions (and also helps save a few extra grams).
- Detailed machining work sees the inside of the reservoir recessed as much as possible to cut down on any excess material within the lever itself.
- Coloured reservoir caps and adjuster dials (sold separately) allow you to customise the look of your brake.
- Lever piston held in place using the same bolt/plate system as the original Tech Evo and Trial Zone levers, but with an integrated dust seal.
- Caliper uses 4 of Hope's new hybrid stainless steel pistons with a phenolic insert to give great, useable power with plenty of modulation. This gives a smoother movement with less maintenance.
- New pad retention pin uses an allen key fitting and thread (plus R clip as before) for maximum security.
- Comes fitted with Hope V4 pads in the standard compound and as a bonus the brake is supplied with a free pair of all weather compound and e-bike optimized pads so you can fit whatever brake pads best suits your local riding conditions!
- Available in a range of colours, each with laser etched Hope V4 graphics. Please note: Black brakes are held in stock as standard (unless out of stock), all other colours are special order. Special order colours will be available soon, please contact us for more information.
- Available in Right or Left Hand option, in a single hose length of 2000mm for either brake.
- Supplied with tough kevlar-reinforced hosing to keep the weight down.
- Weight (front brake with caliper mounting bolts, brake pads fitted - no rotor or adaptor): 323g.
We have made a disc brake guidance and information sheet which will be very useful if you are not experienced with disc brakes (or even if you are!). We strongly recommend having a look over it before fitting your new brake. This can be downloaded here.
Important: This item is sold without rotor or adaptor. Please see the Additional Information tab for details of which rotor and adaptor you will need.
Please note: As part of the installation process customers should check torque of all fittings on this brake. Leaks from fittings, especially the banjo, are rarely covered under warranty.