- 16 tooth freewheel from Trialtech, as featured on full-build Inspired bikes!
- Six (72 version) or nine (108 version) high quality heat treated steel pawls are offset into groups of three into a tough 36 tooth ratchet, giving either 72 or 108 engagement points per revolution.
- The bearing locking is also situated against the crank arm to keep it from coming loose - a nifty little feature!
- 4 large removal pockets are also set into the other side of the freewheel: these do not stick out like tabs, which allows shorter bottom brackets to be run, and therefore better chain lines and increased chain life.
- Also compatible with the SKF Bottom Brackets.
- 1.37" x 24tpi thread fits almost all hubs and cranks.
- 16T size only.
- Only for use on rear hubs by 'full sized' riders (weighing over 45kg) - use on crank arms by riders over this weight may cause the outer to break and this isn't covered by the warranty. This is the same for all 16T freewheels and it is due to the reduction in diameter of the outer ring. For kids' bikes, these can be used on the cranks no problem.
- Weight: 165g
Overall Thickness: 17.56mm
This freewheel must be bedded in before trials use, to ensure any excess grease used when assembling the freewheel works away from the mechanism. You can do this by riding the freewheel around 'normally' for a few hours, both freewheeling and engaging the mechanism gently. If the freewheel is subjected to trials use without having been bedded in, the pawls will not engage correctly and this causes the freewheel to skip, damaging the pawls and ratchet. If you wish to speed up this process, you can thin the grease down with light oil like GT85 or WD40, by spraying it between the centre and outer teeth of the freewheel and rotating it. Failure to bed the freewheel in correctly will void the warranty.