Having been established in November 2004, TartyBikes prides itself on providing unrivalled product knowledge and outstanding service to customers all across the world. We have customers in over 70 countries, and can send to the USA and Canada on a next day service with FedEx - even the most remote locations can be delivered to in under a week (please see our International Ordering section for full details).
We hope you enjoy browsing the website, and if you have any questions at all do not hesitate to Contact Us.
- Built using Magura's new "CarboTecture" technology, the MT2 is a powerful yet lightweight hydraulic disc brake.
- Ergonomic lever design feels comfortable to use, and gives a good amount of power.
- Split bar clamp allows easy fitting and removal, without having to take off your grips!
- Utilises Magura's tried and tested sealing system, designed to work flawlessly with mineral oil.
- Bleeding is quick and easy thanks to simple bleed plug.
- Specially selected hydraulic piston ratios give good mechanical advantage and enhanced braking power.
- Post mount fitting is ideal for many of the new frames on the market.
- Only available in Black.
- Brakes are supplied with 200cm hose, so can be used for front or rear, and come with all the necessary fittings to shorten the hose to your desired length (for assistance, you can refer to the manual supplied with the brake, or Magura's website).
- Brakes supplied pre-bled with bolts and hose fittings, without rotor or adaptor.. If you require an IS adaptor, please see the additional information tab.
- Sold individually.
- Weight: 253g
To correctly fit the lever to the handlebar, the bolt with the arrows pointing towards it must be gently tightened first until the gap is closed, then the other bolt should be nipped down. Do NOT tighten this bolt right down, normally there will be a gap of around 2-3mm when the lever is tight on the bars. Over-tightening the bolts or not following this procedure is likely to crack the lever clamp and this is not covered under warranty.
Please note that both Magura and Hope IS adaptors will work with these measurements.
Please read down the list of brake options to the one you wish to use, then you can see which rotor and adaptor to purchase separately:
- 160mm front brake with:
Post Mount fork = 160mm rotor and no adaptor
IS fork = 160mm rotor and adaptor A (please you will need to add 2.5mm of washers between the adaptor and the caliper).
+20 fork = Not possible
+30 fork = Not possible
- 180mm front brake with:
IS fork = 180mm rotor and adaptor F
+20 fork = 180mm rotor and adaptor A
+30 fork: Not possible
- 200mm front brake with:
IS fork = 200mm rotor and adaptor B
+20 fork = 200mm rotor and adaptor F
+30 fork: Not possible
- 160mm rear brake with:
Post Mount frame = 160mm rotor and no adaptor
IS frame = 160mm rotor and adaptor F
+20 frame = 160mm rotor and adaptor A
+40 frame = Not possible
+50 frame = Not possible
- 180mm rear brake with:
Post Mount frame = 180mm rotor and +20PM adaptor (we do not sell this item)
IS frame = 180mm rotor and adaptor B
+20 frame = 180mm rotor and adaptor F
+40 frame = 180mm rotor and adaptor A
- 200mm rear brake with:
Post Mount frame = 200mm rotor and +40PM adaptor (we do not sell this item)
IS frame = Not possible using items we sell, and not recommended as it is highly likely to break your frame
+20 frame = 200mm rotor and adaptor B
+40 frame = 200mm rotor and adaptor F
Average Rating (Based on 2 customer ratings)
You must login and have previously purchased this item to write a review
Posted by Maciej on 16/09/2012
Posted by Ollie on 05/05/2013
Have a question regarding this product? Then be sure to look through other customer's questions and answers below. If you require any further information, feel free to get in touch.