- After an extensive testing period with Jack Carthy - including being used to win 4 UCI Trials World Cups and the UCI World Championships - the Trialtech Carthy Signature Series Rim Brake Levers are available to buy!
- Unlike the majority of other rim brake levers, the Trialtech levers features a forged then CNC-machined body to give a more organic shape, improved strength and help reduce cost.
- Super low profile bar clamp means reduced chances of painful leg/lever impacts. A custom dome-headed 7075 alloy bar clamp Torx bolt helps keep things in place whilst being unobtrusive.
- Forged alloy lever blade is ergonomically designed to be both comfortable and provide plenty of power.
- Unique to the Carthy Signature Series lever, the blade is also heavily CNC-machined to reduce weight to a minimum.
- The use of a 13mm piston means that a shorter, stiffer lever blade can be used to get the same power as a conventional 14mm setup.
- The piston is injection moulded from a specialist engineering grade nylon chosen for it's super low liquid absorption rate. Using this material prevents the piston swelling when used with water, as seen on other levers with nylon pistons, and means it doesn't scratch the bore as with aluminium pistons.
- Trialtech Sport Brake Fluid is recommended for use with this lever, but it is also compatible with mineral oil. The lever has also been tested with water and stood up perfectly, but officially it is not warrantied for this use.
- The piston is fitted with a UK made O-ring seal to help prevent leaks, plus a custom made wiper seal to prevent dirt and grit from entering the cylinder bore.
- Pivot pin is held in place by a grub screw with an additional 'fail safe' O-ring to prevent it falling out.
- Super smooth, high end engineering grade IGUS bushings at the pivot provide silky lever action with an incredibly low wear rate, meaning the lever won't develop play over time.
- A very handy and innovative feature on this lever is the use of an indexed TPA, which prevents the TPA wheel winding off during use.
- Ideally positioned bleed port means no need to adjust your lever to bleed or top up - any air will naturally rise to the bleed port every time. Please note
: The Trialtech levers use a custom bleed screw, no other bleed screws are compatible.
- Brake is supplied with both a custom bleed hose and a Trialtech Barbed Fitting, which MUST be used. Do not use a Magura fitting.
- Barbed fitting installation instructions can be found here
- M6 main hose port is ideally angled to route your brake hoses without needing any awkward bends or curves.
- Supplied with steel M6 bleed screw.
- Sold as either Left or Right sided, which means the bleed port is orientated upwards when the lever is fitted to the bike, but it can be used on either side. Please note
: If using on the 'incorrect' side we recommend swapping over the pivot pin so the top plate of the pin is on the top side of the lever.
- Spares available separately, including upgraded piston seals and 'indexed' TPA in a choice of coloured fitting kits.
- Compatible with all hydraulic rim brake cylinders (Magura, Echo, Racing Line, etc.).
- Tough anodised grey finish with laser etched Carthy Signature Series logos.
- Please note: Do not turn the TPA on fully and then pull the lever when it is not attached to the bike. This will compress the spring too far and damage it.
- Weight: 75.7g
A quick overview of the upgrades over the Sport lever:
- Lighter lever blade due to the large slot machined out of the rear.
- Indexed TPA which will never unwind itself.
- Better sealing due to the upgraded external lip seal.
- More durable pivot system (less lever play over time) due to the high end engineering grade IGUS bushings.
- Pimp anodised red or limited edition gold bits!