A great bike for smaller riders from Monty!
- Designed for riders from around 1.15m (3ft9) to 1.52m (5ft).
- Super high quality bike aimed at younger riders from Monty!
- Very similar size and specification to the Monty 207 Kamel
, but with upgraded components throughout, which also brings the weight right down.
- The hydroformed aluminium alloy frame, where the front end and the right hand side of the rear end are one piece, is completely new for 2015 and offers excellent strength and stiffness.
- The chain also runs through a reinforced tube in the frame, and the cable is set into a groove which has been formed into the side of the main tube, very cool!
- This latest model combines the existing knowledge Monty have from making the best kids trials bikes on the market with new technology and unique looks to create the perfect bike for young trials stars of the future.
- Designed for riders from around 1.15m (3ft9) to 1.52m (5ft), ages approximately 6 to 11.
- 20" wheels front and rear keep the bike agile and light weight.
- Soft compound light weight tyres improve grip.
- Relatively short stem keeps the bike to a manageable length.
- 16 tooth front freewheel and 13 tooth rear sprocket offers a gear ratio that is ideal for smaller riders with less power, while using the same style of setup that the 'big boys' use.
- Considerably lighter than other bikes aimed at the same age of rider.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Monty 209 Kamel, hydroformed aluminium, 4-bolt mounts
- Forks: Monty 209 Kamel, steel 1 1/8" steerer tube, alloy legs, 4-bolt mounts
- Front Hub: Monty, unsealed bearings with axle bolts and washers
- Rear Hub: Monty, unsealed bearings with axle nuts
- Front Rim: Samson, 6061 alloy, anodized red
- Rear Rim: Samson, 6061 alloy, anodized red
- Front Spokes: Plain Gauge steel
- Rear Spokes: Plain Gauge steel
- Front Nipples: Brass
- Rear Nipples: Brass
- Front Rim Tape: Monty, Black
- Rear Rim Tape: Monty, Black
- Front Inner Tube: Kenda
- Rear Inner Tube: Kenda
- Front Tyre: Kenda Small Block 8, 20" x 1.95"
- Rear Tyre: Monty Eagle Claw Pro Race 20" x 2.5"
- Front Brake: Magura HS33 2014, ball-ended 4-finger lever blade
- Rear Brake: Magura HS33 2014, ball-ended 4-finger lever blade
- Front Pads: Magura Red
- Rear Pads: Magura Red
- Front Clamps: Magura 4-bolt
- Rear Clamps: Magura 4-bolt
- Cranks: Monty 209, 152mm
- Freewheel: Monty 72 click, 16t
- Chain: KMC Z
- Chain Tensioner: Monty Snail Cams
- Rear Sprocket: Monty 13t
- Pedals: Monty Caged
- Bottom Bracket: Monty Square Taper
- Bashplate: Monty 219
- Handlebar: Monty 209, 620mm wide, 25.4mm clamp
- Stem: Monty 209, 110mm x 25°, 25.4mm clamp
- Headset: Monty Sealed
- Headset Spacers: 1x 5mm Alloy
- Grips: Monty Foam
- Wheelbase: 925mm
- Chainstay length: 341mm
- BB Rise: 60mm
- Head angle: 71.5°
- Reach (from centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube): 545mm
- Bottom bracket height (centre of BB axle from the floor): 307mm
- Centre of end of handlebars to floor: 870mm
- Centre of bottom bracket axle to centre of handlebar / stem clamp: 670mm
This bike is supplied with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. The warranty does not cover mistreatment or poor maintenance. Please ensure all the details on the warranty sheet supplied with the bike are adhered to. Certain circumstances (such as stripped threads or rounded crank arm tapers) only occur due to a lack of correct maintenance and all manufacturers are aware of these situations, so any claims due to incorrect maintenance procedures are much less likely to be successful.
We build this bike to a 100% complete state in our workshop before dispatch to ensure all items are manufactured correctly and nothing is missing, but we do have to remove some parts to ensure there is no damage during transit. You will need some basic tools (usually 4mm, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm allen keys and a 15mm spanner) for final assembly upon arrival. We have a video guide here to help, but please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.