Super cool kids bike from the original BikeTrials brand, Monty.
- Designed for riders from around 1.15m (3ft9) to 1.50m (4ft11).
- Featuring a completely new concept in trials frames, the long-standing 207 is back and better than ever!
- The latest Kaizen frame design from Monty was developed with their world class team, and is stiffer and stronger than ever whilst also being super light.
- This latest model combines the existing knowledge Monty have from making the best kids trials bikes on the market with new technology and unique looks to create the perfect bike for young trials stars of the future.
- Designed for riders from around 1.15m (3ft9) to 1.50m (4ft11), ages approximately 6 to 11.
- 20" wheels front and rear keep the bike agile and light weight.
- Soft compound light weight tyres improve grip.
- Relatively short stem keeps the bike to a manageable length.
- 16 tooth front freewheel and 14 tooth rear sprocket offers a gear ratio that is ideal for smaller riders with less power, while using the same style of setup that the 'big boys' use.
- Considerably lighter than other bikes aimed at the same age of rider.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Monty 207 Kaizen, V-brake mounts
- Forks: Monty 207 Kamel, steel 1 1/8" steerer tube, alloy legs, v-brake mounts
- Front Hub: Monty, sealed cartridge bearing with axle bolts and washers
- Rear Hub: Monty, standard bearing with nutted axle
- Front Rim: Monty 20", black anodised, single wall, 32h
- Rear Rim: Monty 20", black anodised, single wall, 32h (please note a 19" rear wheel can not be used with this bike)
- Front Rim Tape: Monty, Black
- Rear Rim Tape: Monty, Black
- Front Inner Tube: Kenda
- Rear Inner Tube: Kenda
- Front Tyre: Monty Endurance, 20" x 1.95"
- Rear Tyre: Monty Eagle Claw, soft trials compound, 20" x 2.0"
- Monty V-brakes front and rear (note: front brake differs cosmetically from photo, updated images to follow soon).
- Cranks: Monty square taper, 1.37" x 24tpi thread 152mm length
- Freewheel: Monty TrialCore, 16 tooth, 108 engagement.
- Chain: KMC Z-series Chain, 3/32"
- Rear sprocket: Monty screw on, 14T
- Pedals: Caged, smaller size suited to younger riders
- Bottom Bracket: Monty Square Taper, sealed bearing
- Bashplate: Monty 4-Bolt
- Handlebar: Monty 207 riser, 620mm wide, 25.4mm clamp
- Stem: Monty welded steel, 2 bolt front clamp, 105mm x 24°
- Headset: Monty, standard bearing
- Grips: Monty Foam, 105mm length
- Wheelbase: 925mm
- Chainstay length: 335mm
- BB Rise: +55mm
- Head angle: 71.5°
- Reach (from centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube): 540mm
- Bottom bracket height (centre of BB axle from the floor): 315mm
- Centre of end of handlebars to floor: 875mm
- Centre of bottom bracket axle to centre of handlebar / stem clamp: 670mm
- 8.60kg including pedals.
This bike is supplied with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. The warranty does not cover mistreatment or poor maintenance. Please ensure all the details on the warranty sheet supplied with the bike are adhered to. Certain circumstances (such as stripped threads or rounded crank arm tapers) only occur due to a lack of correct maintenance and all manufacturers are aware of these situations, so any claims due to incorrect maintenance procedures are much less likely to be successful.
We build this bike to a 100% complete state in our workshop before dispatch to ensure all items are manufactured correctly and nothing is missing, but we do have to remove some parts to ensure there is no damage during transit. You will need some basic tools (usually 4mm, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm allen keys and a 15mm spanner) for final assembly upon arrival. We have a video guide here to help, but please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.