- High quality freewheel from Jitsie.
- 36 tooth ratchet ring with a total of 9 pawls provides 108 engagement points.
- Pawls engage three at a time, giving good reliability.
- Fitted with extra strong springs, providing more positive engagement, a louder sound and reducing bedding in time. Please note that this produces more 'drag' than a regular single speed freewheel.
- Four deep recesses in the main body save weight and increase BB clearance over 'external' tabs, and allow nearly all 4-prong freewheel tools to be used.
- Lockring on the rear of the freewheel faces the crank, so cannot not come undone when riding, and also means it can be used on rear hubs.
- 1.37" x 24tpi thread fits almost all hubs and cranks.
- Weight: 176g (18T), 168g (17T).
- 16T is only for use on rear hubs by 'full sized' riders (weighing over 45kg) - use on crank arms by riders over this weight may cause the outer to break and this isn't covered by the warranty. This is the same for all 16T freewheels and it is due to the reduction in diameter of the outer ring. For kids' bikes, these can be used on the cranks no problem.
Overall Thickness: 17.2mm
This freewheel must be bedded in before trials use, to ensure any excess grease used when assembling the freewheel works away from the mechanism. You can do this by riding the freewheel around 'normally' for a few hours, both freewheeling and engaging the mechanism gently. If the freewheel is subjected to trials use without having been bedded in, the pawls will not engage correctly and this causes the freewheel to skip, damaging the pawls and ratchet. If you wish to speed up this process, you can thin the grease down with light oil like GT85 or WD40, by spraying it between the centre and outer teeth of the freewheel and rotating it. Failure to bed the freewheel in correctly will void the warranty.