- Despite retaining a similar silhouette to the Mk3 version of the frame, the Mk4 features many new CNC-machined features throughout.
- New for Echo, the Pure SL Mk4 frame features a 99mm long integrated taper head tube. The upper bearing is a regular 1 1/8" size whereas the lower is 1.5". The bearings both sit directly inside the frame, saving weight whilst having no effect on performance whatsoever. Echo produce a suitable Integrated Tapered Sealed headset
to fit. The Echo Urban Tapered forks
are designed to work perfectly with this frame, as are the Echo Carbon forks which are due in stock later this year.
- Super strong 'Spanish' bottom bracket uses extra tough, press-fit bearings and a gold titanium axle. Fitted with black spacers and bolts.
- New BB yoke is intricately machined to reduce weight whilst ensuring a stiff, strong join between the chainstays and BB shell.
- Another new feature for the frame is the one-piece integrated brake mount and booster. This is CNC-machined from an alloy billet, and has recesses and pockets machined into it throughout to save weight whilst giving improved braking performance.
- Brake mounts spaced at 99mm, and use M6
bolts. The frame is supplied with Echo's top of the range SL Brake Clamps with rainbow finish titanium bolts and alloy cylinder washers.
- Instead of a traditional seat tube arrangement, the Mk4 frame uses a pair of CNC-machined plates.
- CNC-machined dropouts spaced at 135mm feature the integrated chain tensioners as seen on previous Echo models.
- Weight - Frame: 1.513kg, BB: 197g, Brake clamps: 56g, Total: 1.766kg.
Geometry (when measured with 410mm x 35mm fork):
- Wheelbase: 1090mm
- Chainstay length (with 18:15 gear ratio): 380mm
- BB Rise: 65mm
- Head angle: 71.5°
- Reach (from centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube): 660mm
- Headset type: Integrated
- Bottom bracket type: Spanish press-fit, 68mm shell width
- Dropout spacing: 135mm
- Brake mount type: 4-Bolt Only - M6 bolts required
- Bashguard type: n/a - requires a bashring