- The ultimate street trials bike!
- Top spec, with optional upgrades.
Please note: The bike, as shown in the product images, is built using the Magura MT7 with HC3 Blade Upgrade. The standard Skye Team V3 is supplied with Hope Tech 3 Trial Zone brakes.
- New for 2018, the latest generation of Danny MacAskill's signature bike, the Inspired Skye Team V3!
- Every part of the frame and fork has been re-designed for the V3 edition of the bike, making the bike stronger than ever before whilst also making it the lightest iteration of the Skye to date.
- New for the latest bikes, the Skye is fitted with Inspired Team V2 rims and Hope Tech 3 Trial Zone Brakes
as standard (Magura MT7 Brake Upgrade
available at the Checkout).
- New hydroformed front triangle is much stiffer and stronger than ever before, largely in part to the bigger square-profile down tube. This tube has a much larger junction to the top tube and head tube, making the front end - a crucial area on these bikes - as strong as possible.
- The rear face of the tapered head tube is machined square to give a nice flat area to weld on, improving the strength of the join.
- The frame still uses a 12mm through axle for the rear wheel, but revised dropouts use an evolution of their previous system. The axle now screws in to a splined boss on the frame, so should you damage the threads it is simple to replace.
- Super chunky +20mm positioned IS disc mount is one piece with the non-drive side dropout, making the mount so strong no bracing bar is required!
- The BB yoke is a 2-piece design, with each half machined out internally to save as much weight as possible whilst making sure it is stiff and strong enough to cope with the demands of Danny's riding. The two are welded together along the centre-line of the yoke, a design not previously seen in trials frames before.
- The BB is a standard threaded design making it compatible with a wide range of cranks.
- The neat single-sided chain tensioner is mounted to the frame using a new, lower profile replaceable integrated mount.
- A completely new seat stay/seat tube/top tube junction has been proven through extensive testing to be stronger than ever before.
- As with the frame, the V3 forks are a completely new model compared to the last generation.
- Chunky legs provide unparalleled strength and stiffness, but also maintain a low overall weight for the fork due to their tube thickness.
- A completely new steerer tube and crown design is more than up to the job of coping with the extreme forces Danny puts through the front end of his bike.
- The V3 forks retain the same tapered steerer tube as the previous generation of fork, again making the forks as strong as possible.
- New top cap design screws into the threaded steerer tube and allows the hose to be routed through the steerer if required. We can send the bikes with the hose through the steerer if you like, please also purchase the "Other Hydraulic Disc Brake" option of this Workshop Item
if you would like the hose to be routed through the steerer. If you do not add this item, the bike will be sent with the hose not routed through the steerer as shown in the pictures.
- 20mm through axle CNC-machined dropouts are welded on to the lower of the fork legs in a unique way, and also use a similar splined boss system to the rear through axle arrangement.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Inspired Skye V3, (updated design) 12mm bolt through axle, Satin Yellow, 6066-T6 aluminium alloy
- Forks: Inspired Skye V3, tapered steerer tube, 20mm bolt through axle, Satin Yellow, 6066-T6 aluminium alloy legs with 7075-T6 steerer tube
- Front hub: Hope Pro 4, 20mm bolt through axle, 32h, Black
- Rear hub: Hope Pro 4 Trials, 12mm bolt through axle, 32h, Black (Custom made)
- Cassette Lockring and Spacers: Trialtech
- Chain tensioner: Trialtech Single Sided Sprung
- Front rim: Inspired Team V2, Black
- Rear rim: Inspired Team V2, Black
- Spokes: Sapim Race DB, Black
- Rim tape: Trialtech
- Front tyre: Continental Danny MacAskill Air King 24 x 2.4"
- Rear tyre: Continental Danny MacAskill Air King 24 x 2.4"
- Front brake: Hope Tech 3 Trial Zone, 180mm Rotor
- Please note: Front brake will be not
supplied routed through the steerer tube unless the additional service described above is purchased.
- Rear brake: Hope Tech 3 Trial Zone, 180mm Rotor
- Now also available with Magura MT7 With HC3 Lever Blade brakes (180mm) as an additional upgrade if you wish. This option is available to add once the bike is in your basket.
(Brakes can be switched around to suit international riders, we will do this automatically before dispatch depending on your country.)
- Cranks: Truvativ Descendant, 175mm, Black
- Front Sprocket: Inspired Integrated Truvativ 22T Bashring
- Bashring: Inspired Integrated Truvativ 22T Bashring
- Chain: KMC Z610 HX 3/32"
- Rear Sprocket: Trialtech Sport Splined, 16T
- Pedals: Inspired Team V2, Black (Also available with Crank Brothers Stamp 3 Danny MacAskill Edition Pedal Upgrade)
- Bottom bracket: Truvativ Howitzer
- Saddle: Inspired Tripod Kevlar, Medium, Black
- Seatpost: Inspired Tripod
- Seat Clamp: Inspired, Black
- Headset: FSA, 1-1/8" Integral Upper, 1.5" Standard Lower, Black
- Top Cap: Threaded
- Stem: Trialtech Sport, 90mm x 35˚
- Grips: LizardSkin Danny MacAskill Lock-On Grips
- Handlebars: Inspired Arcade, Black
- Wheelbase: 977mm
- Chainstay: 362mm
- BB Rise: +17.5mm
- Head Angle: 73.5˚
- Reach: 655mm
- Standard build: 11.15kg
This bike is supplied with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. The warranty does not cover mistreatment or poor maintenance. Please ensure all the details on the warranty sheet supplied with the bike are adhered to. Certain circumstances (such as stripped threads or rounded crank arm tapers) only occur due to a lack of correct maintenance and all manufacturers are aware of these situations, so any claims due to incorrect maintenance procedures are much less likely to be successful.
We build this bike to a 100% complete state in our workshop before dispatch to ensure all items are manufactured correctly and nothing is missing, but we do have to remove some parts to ensure there is no damage during transit. You will need some basic tools (usually 4mm, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm allen keys and a 15mm spanner) for final assembly upon arrival. We have a video guide here to help, but please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.