Unique and innovative bike from Monty, with carbon fibre bits and Hope brakes!
- Featuring a completely new concept in trials frames, Monty's long-standing 221 model is back and better than ever!
- This latest version combines the knowledge Monty have gained from over 30 years in the sport with new technology and unique looks to create something that's pushed the sport's technology forward.
- The hydroformed aluminium alloy frame, where the front end and the right hand side of the rear end are one piece, is completely new for this year and offers excellent strength and stiffness.
- The chain also runs through a reinforced tube in the frame, and the cable is set into a groove which has been formed into the side of the main tube, very cool!
- This bike also benefits from an updated model of the M5 carbon fibre fork and Trialtech SL carbon fibre handlebar, single wall rims, super light tyres and awesome Hope Trial Zone brakes meaning it really is ready to go out of the box.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Monty 221 Kamel, hydroformed aluminium, 4-Bolt HS33 and Post Mount
Disc Mount (Main photos show IS Disc Mount model - Post Mount disc mount is shown towards the end of the Additional Images)
- Forks: Monty M5, full carbon fibre with aluminium steerer tube and brake mount inserts, 1 1/8" steerer tube (6mm thick), with 4-Bolt HS33 and Post Disc Mounts. Updated steerer/crown area for improved stiffness and strength.
- Front Hub: Monty Pro Race Disc, sealed cartridge bearing with dome-headed axle bolts and serrated washers
- Rear Hub: Monty Pro Race Disc, sealed cartridge bearing with dome-headed axle bolts and serrated washers
- Front Rim: Monty Pro Race 20", red anodised, single wall with square cutouts, 28h, 30mm wide
- Rear Rim: Monty Pro Race 19", red anodised, single wall with square cutouts, 32h, 47mm wide
- Spokes: Monty, black
- Front Rim Tape: Monty, Black
- Rear Rim Tape: Monty, Black
- Front Inner Tube: Cheng Shin / Maxxis
- Rear Inner Tube: Cheng Shin / Maxxis
- Front Tyre: Monty Eagle Claw Pro Race, 20 x 2.0"
- Rear Tyre: Monty Eagle Claw Pro Race, 19 x 2.6"
- Hope Trial Zone (may be black or red
), custom made for Monty, with 160mm Trial Zone rotors
- Cranks: Monty 221 Ti ISIS, 1.37" x 24tpi thread, 158mm length
- Freewheel: Monty M5, 18 tooth, 108 engagement
- Chain: KMC X9, 3/32"
- Chain tensioner: Monty Snail Cams
- Rear sprocket: Monty screw on, 12T
- Pedals: Monty M-Cage
- Bottom Bracket: Monty ISIS, sealed bearing
- Crank bolts: Monty M15, alloy
- Bashplate: Monty Eagle Claw
- Handlebar: Trialtech SL carbon riser, 730mm wide, 31.8mm clamp
- Stem: Monty 221 Kamel with sloping top cap, 170 x 35°
- Headset: Monty internal, sealed cartridge bearing
- Headset spacers: Monty adjustable
- Grips: Monty Foam, 137mm length
- Wheelbase: 1005mm
- Chainstay length: 350mm
- BB Rise: +90mm
- Head angle: 71.5°
- Reach (from centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube): 595mm
- 7.70kg including pedals.
This bike is supplied with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. The warranty does not cover mistreatment or poor maintenance. Please ensure all the details on the warranty sheet supplied with the bike are adhered to. Certain circumstances (such as stripped threads or rounded crank arm tapers) only occur due to a lack of correct maintenance and all manufacturers are aware of these situations, so any claims due to incorrect maintenance procedures are much less likely to be successful.
We build this bike to a 100% complete state in our workshop before dispatch to ensure all items are manufactured correctly and nothing is missing, but we do have to remove some parts to ensure there is no damage during transit. You will need some basic tools (usually 4mm, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm allen keys and a 15mm spanner) for final assembly upon arrival. We have a video guide here to help, but please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.