New lightweight 20" frame from GU!
- The latest frame from GU!
- Please note that these frames have been slightly discounted as many feature small cosmetic marks incurred during transit.
- Building on the success of the 2014 frames, the 2015 frame features several improvements.
- Neat touches like the enlarged breathe holes at the ends of the frame tubing help save weight.
- CNC-machined BB yoke is cleverly designed to help reduce weight whilst making the rear end of the frame as stiff as possible.
- Small, neat CNC-machined dropouts spaced at 116mm.
- Integrated chain tensioners - as used on the latest Echo and ZOO! frames - help you achieve perfect chain tension whilst being neat, lightweight and out of harms way.
- New headtube design (110mm long) now makes use of an integrated headset. This is different to an internal headset in that it features no cups. The bearing sits directly inside the frame, saving weight whilst having no effect on performance whatsoever.
- Headset to fit this frame available here
- Dedicated 4-bolt rim brake mounts (spaced at 100mm) use an M6 thread
, not the usual M5. This reduces the chance of stripped threads, and enables increased clamping force.
- Frame is supplied with an M6 version of the Echo SL brake clamps
with gold titanium bolts - regular brake clamps with a 5mm slot for M5 bolts will not work with this frame (without modification).
- Rim brake mounts and integrated booster are made from a single piece of aluminium, improving strength and stiffness.
- IS disc brake mount also allows the use of a disc brake should you wish.
- Features the 'Spanish' BB system used on Echo and ZOO! frames which uses a large press-fit bearing - this gives a longer BB life, whilst still using a strong M15 ISIS spindle. The upgraded Echo Urban ISIS Titanium BB
is supplied with the frame!
- Uses the Echo Mini Bashplate system, making the complete bashplate setup lighter than before. Each frame is supplied with a black bashplate, complete with silver Titanium bolts!
- Available in either anodised Red or Purple, with laser etched GU graphics.
- Recommended for 18:12 gear ratio and front freewheel only.
- Weight: 1.450kg (frame only), 197g (BB), 98g (bashplate, bolts and rubber), 1.745kg (total).
Geometry (When measured with 360mm x 40mm fork, sold separately):
Chainstay Length: 350mm (18:12 gear ratio with no half link)
BB Rise: 85mm
Head Angle: 72 degrees
Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 605mm
- Headset type: Integrated
- Bottom bracket type: Spanish press-fit, 68mm shell width
- Dropout spacing: 116mm
- Brake mount type: IS Disc Mount & 4-Bolt Mount - M6 bolts required
- Bashguard type: Echo Mini 3-Bolt fitment