- Six high quality heat treated steel pawls are offset into groups of three into a tough 36 tooth ratchet, giving 72 engagement points per revolution.
- Stiff springs give a more direct, secure feeling engagement!
- The bearing locking is also situated against the crank arm to keep it from coming loose - a nifty little feature!
- 4 large removal pockets are also set into the other side of the freewheel: these do not stick out like tabs, which allows shorter bottom brackets to be run, and therefore better chain lines and increased chain life.
- 1.37" x 24tpi thread fits almost all hubs and cranks.
- 18T size only.
- Weight: 179g
This freewheel must be bedded in before trials use, to ensure any excess grease used when assembling the freewheel works away from the mechanism. You can do this by riding the freewheel around 'normally' for a few hours, both freewheeling and engaging the mechanism gently. If the freewheel is subjected to trials use without having been bedded in, the pawls will not engage correctly and this causes the freewheel to skip, damaging the pawls and ratchet. If you wish to speed up this process, you can thin the grease down with light oil like GT85 or WD40, by spraying it between the centre and outer teeth of the freewheel and rotating it. Failure to bed the freewheel in correctly will void the warranty.
Echo SL Headset
From £24.99 to £33.33
Save up to 25%
Jitsie Rear 24"