With nearly eight years as an established online trials bike retailer, TartyBikes prides itself on providing unrivalled product knowledge and outstanding service to customers all across the world. We have customers in over 70 countries, and can send to the USA and Canada on a next day service with FedEx - even the most remote locations can be delivered to in under a week (please see our International Ordering section for full details).
We hope you enjoy browsing the website, and if you have any questions at all do not hesitate to Contact Us.
- Tested for many years by Echo, the Echo TR Hydraulic Disc brake is Echo's answer to the Hope Tech Trial and Mono Trial brakes.
- Closed system allows the use of more precise bite point adjustment courtesy of Echo's TPA system.
- Comfortable lever blade allows single finger braking, meaning you can keep as much contact with your bars as possible.
- International Standard (IS) caliper and 6-bolt rotor means the system is compatible with most disc hubs and frames/forks with international standard brake mounts (if you are unsure, please contact us for advice).
- Smooth lever pivot bushing is kept tight with the use of a grub screw on top of the blade.
- Flip-flop lever design allows the lever to be run on either the left or right hand side of your bike.
- Tough anodised black lever and caliper look better for longer compared with painted finishes.
- Only suitable for bleeding with mineral oil, not DOT fluid.
- Fitted as standard with kevlar reinforced plastic hosing, which saves up to 50g per brake over the stainless hose!
- Available as a Front #5 Caliper with 160mm Rotor, Front #3 Caliper with 180mm rotor, or a Rear #3 Caliper with 160mm rotor.
- Supplied pre-bled with all fittings, including various shims of different thicknesses.
- Compatible with Hope's Mono Trial pads, supplied with Echo's own TR Hydraulic Disc Pads.
- Supplied with Echo's own disc rotor, featuring larger main arms to help improve rotor stiffness, but with large cut-outs to help keep weight to a minimum as well as keeping the rotor cool.
- Weight (Including full length hose and, all mounting hardware (160mm rear version)): 378g
These brakes come with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing defects and materials, which also covers the sealing of the brake. Please note that using water to bleed the brake will invalidate the warranty, and the lip seal must always be inside the main bore of the cylinder to prevent dirt from entering the system.
Very Important Information
In order for correct operation of the brake, you must ensure that the lip seal of the piston is inside the piston bore at all times. This is pre-set by us before dispatch. Failure to do this invalidates the leak warranty on the lever.
Average Rating (Based on 2 customer ratings)
You must login and have previously purchased this item to write a review
Very good overall
Posted by Thomas on 26/08/2012
Not as expected
Posted by Gavin on 07/09/2012
Have a question regarding this product? Then be sure to look through other customer's questions and answers below. If you require any further information, feel free to get in touch.